Rubrics [Word – 25k]
This word document is ideal for creating and customising your own assessment criteria and descriptors for achievement level related to:
- Knowledge and procedures
- Modelling and problem solving
- Use of software
- OLT project report: Developing a shared understanding of assessment criteria and standards for undergraduate mathematics
- Conference presentation: Varsavsky, C., Hogeboom, K., Coady, C. & King, D., (2013) Undergraduate mathematics and statistics assessment practices in Lighthouse Delta 2013: The 9th Delta Conference on Teaching and Learning of Undergraduate Mathematics and Statistics – Proceedings <www.delta2013.net/?page=program>.
- Conference presentation: Varsavsky, C., Coady, C. & King, D., (2013) Developing a shared understanding of assessment criteria and standards in undergraduate mathematics in HERDSA 2013: The place of learning and teaching <conference.herdsa.org.au/2013/program.html>.
- Conference presentation: Varsavsky, C., Coady, C. & King, D., (2013), Improving the quality of mathematics assessment in ACSME 2013: Students in transition—The learners’ journey <ojs-prod.library.usyd.edu.au/index.php/IISME/article/view/6970>.
Related projects and resources
- Assuring Learning
- Assessment 2020: Seven propositions for assessment reform in higher education
Assessment 2020_final.pdf [PDF – 152kB]
- Assessment decision making
- Enhancing Assessment in the Biological Sciences
- Quality assessment: Linking assessment tasks and teaching outcomes in the social sciences
Final Project Report [PDF – 626 kB]
- Raising the profile of diagnostic, formative and summative e-assessments
- The teaching and assessment of statistical thinking within and across disciplines [PDF – 260 kB]
- Web 2.0 Assessment Resources
- Assessing Learning in Australian Universities
- From the U.K.
Mapping University – Mathematics Assessment Practices (MU-MAP)
- From the U.S.A.
Supporting Assessment in Undergraduate Mathematics (SUAM)